Magelang, Central Java
100% full Not resolved
1.8

The good part first: The resort is set in the middle of some very scenic nature, lots of green and mountains.

Noise:

The biggest issue we have with Mesa Stila is the crazy noise level all day AND from 4-5AM and again from 7-8AM. This comes from the many mosques that are around the resort. You might have heard calls to prayer before, but not like this. You will sit upright in your bed at night with earplugs in your ears wondering whether there is a megaphone in the room.

So if you are a devout muslim or an insomniac, this might be the place for you, otherwise stay away!

Management:

The management offered a 30% refund only if the tripadvisor review was taken down. The GM told me it would take 2 weeks for the review to be deleted once I ask tripadvisor. How does he know this?

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with food and stated that there is a room for improvement of noise and rude management. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of mesastila resort and associated monetary loss in the amount of $7000. Mesa Hotels And Resorts needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned mesastila resort in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Mesa Hotels And Resorts. You can also consider other companies suggested by the author: Kamalaya Koh Samui, Shivasom or Como Shambhala Estate.

Had an Experience with Mesa Hotels And Resorts?

Comments

Apparently you don't understand how TripAdvisor operates "behind the scenes"....

Your "review" begs the question; Why not complain DURING the stay?This is the only way that issues can be addressed.

Those who remain silent until AFTER and then go on their Yelp, TripAdvisor, FB, etc. rants clearly aren't interested in actual conflict resolution, they're after freebies, or being reimbursed. This isn't a terribly original scam, but it seems it's still popular among older cheapskates.

Also, you say the bribe was only 30%, so why does the letter from the resort say it's 50%?

Sloppy scammed are seldom very successful.

Yawn.

to Anonymous #1099977

I fully 100% pre-paid the hotel in advance for stay, food and spa treatments. Management was 'unavailable' for my entire stay despite dozens of calls and spending ages pleading with the polite reception staff.

They only started to return calls after I posted on tripadvisor. I have so far gotten back 50% of my pre-payment leaving a balance of almost USD3000.

I hope other travellers will be less trusting than me - do not pre-pay this hotelgroup!